Sunday, June 1, 2008

June is bustin' out all over

Unfortunately, June has yet to establish itself as the warm and carefree month that I had anticipated. Still mostly overcast and chilly, but I still am loving this environment. This morning I started off working at home, and then took Jamie over to Penrose to check out another park where I work. We went running on some of the trails that I had not had the chance to check out before. They were quite beautiful; through the woods and following the shore line. She got to meet the aides and Dan. Dan and I brainstormed about some programming that I am working on, and I think I finally have a good visual representation idea for my Salmon program. I have a lot to do this summer, and my first official program is at the end of this month. Ahhhh!

This evening we came back and made pasta with shrimp and vegetable alfredo sauce and strawberry shortcake, basically undoing the positive effects that our run had hopefully produced. There is nothing like good food (and wine) to satiate the slightly hungry and cranky ladies that this long week had produced. Wonderful conversation, and now we are off to bed "early" so that we can get up at 5 and drive around the Peninsula. This is a part that I have not seen so we will be discovering Washington together!

No comments: