Thursday, June 5, 2008

It's Raining (&) Men

It took a cup of hot chocolate, a fire in the fireplace, and a big cashmere sweater for me to thaw after today. I spent the day in rubber boots, a raincoat, and at times the pouring rain, “exploring” the beach with curious and perhaps crazy elementary school kids. Saw some really neat creatures and actually got to hang out with some of the kids on the beach as opposed to standing by the touch tanks as I did yesterday. *note: the tide at the beach yesterday was a -4.3; there will be no tide equivalently low for another 26 years. The tide today was a -4.2.

Spent the evening warming by the fire while brainstorming ways to make rainsticks out of recycled material. Made one shaker/rattle and hope to buy rice and/or beans tomorrow to craft a few more. Three great men join me this evening. Enjoyed dinner over an episode of Aaron Sorkin’s Sport’s Night and tried my baking hand at cornbread which wasn’t a total disaster. Continued to work on the picking for I Walk the Line and will now retire with To a God Unknown and explore the creative and passionate mind of John Steinbeck.

No comments: