Sunday, June 29, 2008

Adieu

Tonight I had to say goodbye to a dear friend. My Park Ranger 911 Blazer was returned to the boys at Belfair, and I have inherited a new vehicle: a big white 4 wheel drive truck. I will miss my dear Blazer; her light bar cover and funky smell, her WA state parks shield and her tape player. Last week I received the neatest gift: Kelly sent me a mix tape. An actual tape. Titled Park Ranger 911. I have been listening to it in the PR911 for the last several days, and am sad to report that my new truck has neither a tape or a CD player. I listened to one final song (Yukon Sally) in the Blazer before I gave Ranger Steve the keys. The radio will give me a chance to catch up with Garrison Keillor perhaps, but I will miss listening to Fleetwood Mac, Paul Winter, and Sarah McGlachlin continually. I have quite the collection of tapes, and now nowhere to listen to them...and no room in the Accord to bring them back with me. I am sure in a day this new truck and I will be good friends, and we already have started to get along well, but for now I miss PR911; I know I can visit her at Belfair, but it won't be the same. This evening, she is in my thoughts and I dedicate this post to her.

No comments: