Monday, June 23, 2008

I Love Lower Lena Lake for Alliterative Awesomeness

Today Stacy picked me up and we met Michael at the trailhead for Lena Lake. In total, we hiked about 12 miles, gained 3200 feet in elevation, and were turned back by a treacherous stream crossing.













From the trailhead, it was three miles to Lower Lena Lake and after a short snack stop, we pushed toward Upper Lena. The next three miles were not nearly as nice; downed trees, muddy creeks, and snow fields. It was quite steep at times, but was overall a good hike. About a mile from Upper Lena we reached the stream; it was running quite high, and so we turned back. Back down a ways and stopped for lunch.






The hike overall was good but exhausting. I ache, but it was great exercise and wonderful to get out in the mountains again.
Twanoh (Stacy's dog) had the right idea after we got back, and so I took her lead.

Yesterday I worked at home. Around lunchtime I went with Stacy to visit a friend. Spent some time reading in my maple tree and watched the sun lower through the trees by the day use.

Tomorrow for my day off, I have planned a rousing day of sleeping in and cleaning house.

No comments: