Friday, June 27, 2008

Nerves and Nonsense

Worked at Penrose today. Talked with the camp hosts there about Junior Ranger programs, and about life. Both very sweet women who shared their experiences and wisdom and were eager to learn more. Hopped over to Joemma to post signs for a Jr. Ranger program and met the wonderful park aide there. Came back and worked through the campfire program that I am giving tomorrow. I am actually pretty nervous for it. If it were on trees or nature or anything like that I wouldn't be nervous, but it is on camp rules and how they are set to protect the park and preserve the resource that we have. and my boss, (who is not intimidating in the least and instead one of the neatest people I know) will be in the audience. so I can't screw up. :0) Well, I can't flop.

Got home late, and spent several hours out on the day use catching up with an old friend (via phone) and playing guitar. The weather is sunny and warm and low humidity. I take back everything I ever said about loving 95 and humid, and instead assert that 79 and no humidity is perfect weather. and also the mountains and trees. Their power is part of the weather. And part of the whether. Part of whether or not I want to leave this place ever. They’re there, in their beauty all around me. This is the part where I want to say, in regards to the weather, "suckers," but have a small pang of missing the home community that prevents me from really rubbing it in. So instead I will just assure all that I am wonderful here and thinking of you. Wishing to share with you there, their beauty they’re sharing with me here.

Speaking of you, is it inappropriate of me to ask who is reading? I am just curious to see who is following this...if you want to reveal identity, you can comment, or e-mail, or facebook. No pressure :0) This way, when I finally write the letters that I have intended to the whole time, I will know what has already been covered.

Also, apologizes for writing few to no letters! It seems that between this blog and, well, being a bum, I am neglecting another creative writing project and for that I apologize. I will try to remedy this soon. If Jason Mraz came into anyone's head, you are especially looked upon fondly at this moment.


<3

1 comment:

K said...

you know i'm reading! <3