Tuesday, June 10, 2008

On the road again

Kelly’s visit was wonderful. I wish I could write a glowing account of the whole time, but alas I am quite fatigued. The last two days have left me thinking there have been three, and I struggle to remind myself that she left only this morning. I need more energy to account our spirited visit.

Yesterday, Kelly and I took the ferry to Seattle. Visited the Experience Music Project, wandered in the Market, had soup, and explored Pioneer Square. After at least a week at work, the clouds hung up their rain hat and split for several hours in the afternoon. The sun was out just long enough for Kelly and I to stand on the end of the ferry and watch the city disappear while a rainbow in the distance was joined by rainbows in the mist of our trail. As we drove home from Bremerton, it became dark once again and we had real storms, an unusual event for the soggy Northwest. At 1:30 this morning we woke up and met Kelly’s shuttle about half an hour from here. I returned home, finished my book, and went back to sleep for several hours. Thus the challenge to believe it is still Tuesday.

This afternoon I drove back past Seattle to another park to take a class for several hours. The rig didn’t have enough gas in it because of some other work that I had done, so on the way back I decided to stop off at Penrose and fuel up…after the days of driving, that last 16 miles with the needle on empty sure tested my sanity. Indeed, I am home now and ready for bed, for tomorrow I have another 2.5 hr commute for a neat evening program. Time to refuel.

1 comment:

Ma said...

How I enjoy reading & re-reading your tales of adventure! I can just imagine the storms & rainbows & beach critters & curious, bright children. And ferry rides! What a treasure of memories you're saving!