Saturday, May 24, 2008

Events

This morning I woke up, made pancakes because I am out of cereal and bread for toast, and left for work. At 11 I held my first Junior Ranger program. It was, I would say, successful. I have to be back at Penrose tomorrow, and it seemed to go over really well, so I am doing another one tomorrow morning! I hung around the park for several hours, checking out the day-use, campground, and hanging out with the rangers.
On my way back, about 4 minutes from home, I stopped next to an accident. I was in my “Park Ranger 911” vehicle, with a light bar (typically covered). As I went to call 911 and then Stacy, I saw that Stacy was right in front of me. She had stopped on her way into work today. She called in, and then I uncovered the light-bar and set that going. We directed traffic for an hour as the troopers, paramedics, and fire came. No one was seriously injured (we think), and it was quite the experience. I felt sort of official (what with the first lights on the scene). With my assistance in catching those catching too many oysters and my response at this accident…I’m ready for a badge. Close your eyes mom…Stacy might take me to the range soon.
Now I am taking a quick respite before heading back to work. Campfire program at Belfair tonight. Extra hours today means fewer hours tomorrow which is great. Might be leaving Twanoh at 5 on Monday to go hiking, so I could use the rest.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so jealous that you get to drive a Park Ranger 911 vehicle!