Thursday, December 3, 2009

Happenings

Things of interest to me:

I sent my first international fax yesterday with the help of several teachers at school and my mom in the US. Transcripts ordered.

It's starting to get cold. The scooter ride on the way home from school is no longer cozy in a sweatshirt and light jacket.

Payday is Monday. This will pay for a jacket if I can stomach the cost. I am proud to say I lived the last week (5 days) on about 400 NT...maybe 13 US dollars. Instead of eating lunch out everyday I made a big bag of pasta for the week. Lots of fresh fruit and water and I feel much happier and healthier because of it. I miss spending lunch with Josh, but we are working on spending time together without spending lots of money on food!

Josh joined a soccer group of people. A bunch of expats get together and he went on Wednesday and of course was amazing. They've asked him to play this Sunday in a league game! Not sure how I feel being a soccer wife, but I'm excited to be outside and to watch some good competition. We need friends...

What else: We have a new teacher at our branch. He's really nice and hard working. He and his gf are from New England. Hope to meet her soon. He bought a guitar the other day, so maybe there will be music back in my life. I really wish there was a group to sing with here...I can't stand being away from music. At school I had SOP, and home I had mom (and dad!). Now I have itunes.

First grad apps will be in tomorrow. Hope to have them all finished by early next week. Then I can have my life back. I've been working 3 or 4 hours every morning to finish up, and I can't wait to be able to go walking, etc during that time. Just as it gets cold and overcast...

MY PARENTS ARE VISITING. Before they come I will be teaching 30 hours a week (maybe 50 hours of work all together) because of the subbing. Then they come for 10 days. Then Josh and I are planning to go to Indonesia for 10 days. Those plans are not finalized, but they will be happening. Excited to get my passport stamped again. Right now the only things in it are my visitor and resident visa here.

Did I mention I have my health insurance card? Good good. Medical expenses are SO cheap here. Even without health insurance, a doctor's visit is less than my US co-pay of 30 dollars.

I should grade these essays.

I know that I am not very good at keeping this blog. I feel like most of the day to day is quite boring. Anyone have any questions about life or teaching here? Then I can justify writing about myself more :0)

No comments: