Wednesday, December 9, 2009

non-fancy Titles for Non-Fancy Words

Life continues to be normal-I don't think much happens out of the ordinary. Josh practiced with both teams tonight (the all get together for one big soccer practice). I went after work and watched for about an hour. The evening became very damp; dew on the grass and on scooter helmets, grass stuck to soccer balls, and a very cold me on the bleachers.

We had just met when Josh and I first played soccer together. One night he texted me to ask if I ever played because he thought I might have. I said "I used to, but I suck now." But he picked me up anyway and we went to the sports center at Pitt to play pick up with the soccer club-type organization. Turns out I was worse than expected, and Josh was the best player on the field. I later found out he was going to play for Pitt but got injured right before so that night I was totally embarrassed and couldn't believe I went.

Once we started dating, I went to a few soccer games he played with a team in Pittsburgh. One of those games was the first time I met his parents. Then he asked if I wanted to play with them...his first gift to me was a pair of cleats. I wasn't very good, but I helped teams meet the "girl" quota, and I once had an assist to Josh. Aw, how cute.

Now he has found a team here and I am so glad he's playing again. It comes with an obsessive play-by-play of the game afterward, but it's totally worth it to see him so happy.

I don't know why I told you this, but now you know. Maybe I'll be inspired to start excersizing again...but probably not :0).

No comments: