Monday, December 21, 2009

Half-Marathon Hunny

This weekend Josh and I went to Taipei, where he competed in the half marathon on Sunday. Time 1:37:52. He placed 286 out of at least 7700 runners. I'm very proud :0). He's been running 4-5 times a week at the gym or on the outdoor bike path. He's also playing soccer now with his team at night.

After the race, we went to the hostel to organize our life, and then jumped on the train and bus. We spent the damp and cold afternoon in the National Palace Museum. We saw bronze age artifacts, old religious relics, amazing stone carvings, early caligraphy, and famous artwork.

One of the story books I teach has a class go on a field trip to the museum. It was cool to see some of the things I am teaching my students.

Check it:
http://www.npm.gov.tw/en/collection/selections_02.htm?docno=867&catno=16&pageno=2

No comments: