Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Abroad and at Home

Christmas was on Friday and Josh and I had a cozy little Christmas. Wednesday night I got home from work to find that Josh had stuffed my stocking, and bought a tiny little christmas tree, complete with trimmings and blinking lights. I laid the gifts "under" the tree; mostly from my mother.

We woke up to find our hiking plans dashed upon the shores of rainy soils. We made cocoa and skyped with my parents to open gifts. After saying goodbye, Josh and I exchanged gifts. He opened my super lame contribution to his new camera. His gift to me was a sweet day pack to replace my ailing one. Inside was a new and warm jacket. I've been borrowing and layering in order to stay warm on my scooter drive at home, and so this maroon wonder is the perfect wardrobe addition. So thoughtful and sweet.

Mom gave Josh the 5th season of the West Wing, which we promptly watched and actually finished yesterday (this is in 3 days...). It's been quite cold, so lots of sweatshirts and Martin Sheen. Christmas night we went to a Russian restaurant where we enjoyed a delicious steak dinner, gift from Josh's parents. Nothing like a log interior restaurant with Taiwanese servers, a Belorussian Santa Clause, and Chinese/Russian/English menus.

Skyped with family again Saturday morning before rushing off to class. They were celebrating their Christmas dinner as I was waking up on the 26th.

On Saturday I taught a class of rambunctious youngsters (7-8). Then I met Josh at a strawberry patch where we picked to kilograms of berries. Then on to Josh's soccer game where he scored the only two goals of the game. Returned home to lots of food and west wing and early to bed so we could go hiking on Sunday. and now alas I am tired again. More on Sunday's Dashueshan trip to come.





No comments: