Thursday, July 3, 2008

ummm...

Mid-Session Review meeting today; seemed to go well. This afternoon I spent several hours with our new camp hosts, talking about Junior Ranger programs, the flora of the area, what the heck I'm doing in the fall, the Austro-Hungrian Empire, what the heck I'm doing with my life, nationalism, the invention of the lightbulb, trench warfare, writing footnotes with a typewriter. Returned to Twanoh and played some music, did some dishes. Stacy and I practiced this evening because tomorrow night we are giving a music campfire program in which we are playing some guitar-violin duets (with some vocals) and then we are each doing several songs of our own. Finished a letter and wrote a second, as I listened to a new CD made by a new friend. I have been listening to a lot of different female artists; the more I listen the more comforted I am that there is not one expected "voice" and I am really enjoying the individuality that each one brings to the music. Tomorrow will be a long day and so I am off to bed. and by bed I mean to read about the adventures of our heroes frodo and sam. i really like sam. and his elven rope. bizarre dreams lately. maybe I shouldn't read spooky things before I go to bed.

No comments: