Friday, July 11, 2008

Tenacious Travelers

Took my new camera out this morning for just several minutes to play before I had to go to a meeting and prepare and give a program. Fancy this: I am actually reading the manual. I am pleasantly surprised by my little Canon a720 IS, and have had some success so far. Then again, it's not that hard to take a good picture of these mountains... I am playing around with the manual settings and have met mild success with the Macro setting...it only seems to work when I am not taking a picture of a flower. Anywho, I love it. Add "take pictures" to the list of "blog, play guitar, read." I have given up these things from my list "keep journal, work out, sleep." But who cares when I have mountains!

After a good meeting at the Salmon Enhancement Group, I went to Belfair to work on my program and then came home and continued working on it until 7 when I got a late start rallying the troops in the campground. I had lots of kids tonight, and so I catered it more toward them. Afterward, we played/sang and hung out. Enthusiastic and interested kids with supportive parents. Sweet.

I have a feeling my body will make me catch up on sleep tomorrow, no matter what my alarm says, and so I am mentally preparing for my 12 hour day of work (as are my saturdays) and for a very unproductive morning. I am excited to work at Kopachuck tomorrow; I haven't spent much time over there, but I love what I've seen at the park. I'm also working a booth at the Community Fair for several hours in between programs. Maybe I can beg my way onto the Ferris Wheel before my evening program :0).

Again, I leave you with my tinkerings:





No comments: