Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Too Many Scotchies!

A wonderful two days filled with travel, conversation, laughter, sunshine, bandanas, music, sand, river, fjord, ocean, sound. Yesterday we drove to Cape D; took some really neat pictures and hung out on the beach. Actually went in the water long enough to dunk and run out sopping wet. Stayed long enough to (almost) dry off, and then headed back home where we made dinner and continued some great talks. Today we ventured to Seattle, stopping briefly to buy a memory card for my in-transit camera. Bremerton-Seattle Ferry, and spent a few afternoon hours walking around the market. I tried fish and chips for the first time, while my dear little british friend poured malt vinegar all over and continually expressed her joy over this bountiful and beautiful meal. Caught the ferry back to Bremerton, where we enjoyed to port for a few minutes before delivering Rachel to the shuttle in Gorst.

I think I will probably go back to Pittsburgh in the fall. I have to figure out how I will take classes, but I will probably go back.

not because I don't love it here. I do love it here. On Sunday, Rachel referred to joining me at work as seeing me in my "natural habitat." I am quite happy, and I think I have learned enough to make this coming school year good. I will do it differently and it won't...suck so much.

In other news, after saying goodbye to Rachel, I returned to my house to find my new camera waiting for me on the doorstep. A day too late for a day of photography perhaps, but I am excited to take it out tomorrow morning/evening and play around with it. Perhaps I will actually have pictures up!

It was a wonderful and exhausting several days, and as my fingers continue to misspell words and my eyes droop, I will bid you adieu and take up the cause of sleeping.

1 comment:

doubleP said...

this pic is wonderful!