Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I'm Still in Taiwan, Sucka (This Title was Josh's Idea)

This weekend we stayed home. Saturday we went to the mall and had Japanese for dinner. We took the newspaper and a chinese characters book, and studied, read, talked about the news, etc. So relaxing and wonderful. Sunday we worked on the puzzle, read more news out loud, discovered food from a nearby vendor, and worked on personal statements. We attempted to go to the clinic because I have been sick for over a week. The hospital was closed, so we bought some medicine, and I am feeling better. Last week I was seriously achey, had a fever and chills, and a cough that still won't quit.

Yesterday I had my "2 week" observation. It went as expected-some things were great and some things need to be polished, and some things need to be better. I am solid for the time I've been here, but ultimately, there is more I can do. I've been wound waaay too tight since being here. Always afraid of screwing up or being awkward. That is particularly why I love Josh-he's the only thing that, at points, I can be totally relaxed about. Mostly because he know's I'm awkward and got over it.

Sometime I'll write about what I do for school, although not too many details. If you are interested, e-mail me. News from "home" would be great!

No comments: