Friday, July 23, 2010

My kids did so well today! They are great little animals in the Tortoise and the Hare. Our branch director came to watch today, and she had a great time. She thought it was really interesting, the kids were adorable, danced well, and were very smart. I'm very proud of them...almost disappointed I won't keep teaching them next year.



I designed a book for my higher level students to write their book report in. I only teach half of the level, and then there will be some subs and a new teacher, but I found myself mapping out the whole course in my head. I realized I wasn't going to teach it all only after I got home and was telling Josh about the book.

It's always awkward to teach 14 year olds-class time can be really quiet-but sometimes they really surprise me. They had to brainstorm for a persuasive essay last week...the topic was school uniforms. One student who is fairly quiet (and an avid Bon Jovi fan) thought of some really convincing and original reasons not to wear them. I forget sometimes that they are trying to communicate in a second language, and maybe don't give them enough time to think about their arguments. But they seemed to do quite well anyway, and I'm excited to see the final results when I collect them tomorrow.

It's 11:28 on Friday night and I've just stopped work-related things so I should go be a real person or something. I've been on a National Geographic kick and have gone through 2 and a half magazines cover to cover in the last 6 days. I'm also going to try to study up on the Egyptian gods and pharohs :0).

No comments: