Wednesday, July 21, 2010

0ne Month

...from yesterday Josh and I will get back to PA.

Things are winding down at work. My students took their last unit quiz yesterday, and take their final big test tomorrow. On Monday we're putting on a play for our parents. Then on Wednesday we'll have a party and play games.

For my other classes, there aren't any major happenings. Last week I gave most oral tests, which meant little class preparation. This week I was lucky to have two lessons where we don't collect homework. Two full weeks of school left. I need to write a lot of final reports before I leave, because some classes will end the week or two after I go. I volunteered to write them early so the students have some NST feedback. The last week of school I don't teach my 3-days a week class, so I will be subbing a couple of classes for another teacher.

Mostly work is going well. I have been staying a lot to make props, etc, so I get to chat with some of the teachers more. It will actually be sad to leave them.

Last night I told one class that I was leaving. I started teaching this class the week I got here, so it's been about 11 months. One of the students also participated in a speech competition that I helped her with a lot. Her reaction was adorably sweet when she realized that I was going home...she got a little flustered and started writing furiously on her new books. After class, I told her I would miss her. At first she didn't understand til I fake cried and then she said "oh. yes." There are some students like that who make your job easier.

No comments: