Saturday, July 31, 2010

Canon Rebel T1i

I am the proud owner of a new camera! I remember two years ago, this July I was in Washington just receiving my new camera (replacing the one I left in Michigan). This time I have a wonderful companion to drive around with. We spent some time with it last night and this morning we drove up to the temple on the hill outside of Fengyuan. From there we compared zooms, practiced with the polarizing filter, and saw the clearest view we've had of Taichung. Great fun!

Below are some pictures I've taken in the first two days of use.

On my old camera:



On my new camera:



At Careforr...anyone want manly fashion socks?



The picture I took:



Cropped on the computer:



Me! Notice the depth of field!



Serious Portrait of a book



From the temple, the city is a mix of Fengyuan and Taichung:



A Muller's Barbet, taken from a distance and cropped on the computer. A sufficient tool for bird identification I would say!



Nothing spectacular yet, but much much improvement over the previous. Just learning how to change lenses quickly, adjust aperture, etc. Hopefully Egypt will be recorded nicely!!

No comments: