Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Life and Times...are boring :0)

Kindy is going well so far...three days down and three to go for my week. I have taught 19.2 hours in the last three days...which is the number of hours I normally work in a week...the next three days are a bit lighter and I am looking forward to that.

Today we had a talent show at school. The three "big" kindy classes (5 and 6 years old) got together in the library to put on our talent show. It was overall a great success-they sat still quite well, were very interested in their friends, and only a few bugged out and didn't go. On a very self-promoting note...I talked to the branch manager after the talent show to see what she thought, and her response was "I liked it. Especially your class. No, I mean especially you." For coming in three days before the thing and planning it all for "my" class, that seems like pretty high praise. Something I needed after this long few days. I've been working I think quite hard (at least cerebrally) on my teaching (or teaching philosophy) and I'm glad to see that the cerebellum is becoming practicum.

Did I mention that at soccer on Sunday I got hit by a 150 kg. guy (intentionally). I had just stolen the ball from him, and he was...upset. put his shoulder into me and I flew like a rubber chicken. The bruise on my leg is going down. All in all, I think Josh get's beat up way more than I do but I can't get over this bruise on my leg.

Tonight we had practice which was quite fun for me. As much as I fight the "girl" image on the field, it's nice to hear everyone so supportive when I have a nice tackle or good pass. I'm getting a lot faster (and gaining weight in the process) so I'm not nearly as winded. All in all good, and I try to shake of the bad in honor of the exercise I'm getting. Still seeking constant affirmation that they want me there, but I think I'm earning my spot on the team.

Not much else to tell-haven't gone hiking in a long time because of soccer games. Going to Cambodia in a week and a half, so maybe that will be of interest. I'm pretty sure we're counting that as my birthday celebration. If only I could convince Josh to count it as my birthday gift.

Off for now; fried rice is calling

No comments: