Sunday, March 7, 2010

Great and exhausting weekend. Friday night after work I zipped back to Fengyuan where a huge group of friends went to see Alice and Wonderland. Good but not nearly the trip I was expecting. Beautiful but not mind blowing.

After payday, I immediately splurged on actual cheese and blueberries (a total of 6 dollars consumed in about 5 minutes). After work on Saturday, Josh and I lounged for a bit. Feeling too bored, I went shopping which was bad news...got a couple of things for work when the weather gets unbearable. We went to dinner at Mirto's, and Italian style restaurant and then drove to Taichung to meet some friends.

Our friend Chris was in the finals for a singing competition at a bar called "Elementary." Josh and I got to the intersection that it was on, but couldn't find the bar, so we drove around for another 45 minutes, only to return to the same intersection, ask someone else, and be immediately directed to an unmarked bar 50 meters away. Alas, we missed the first round, but caught Chris sing "Great Balls of Fire" with a plastic piano and a Guitar Hero guitar. Josh and I have been out approximately three weekends since being in Taiwan, so it was fun but strange. As much as I like people, smokey, beer filled settings are not my preferred choice of making friends. So we sat back and took it in for a couple of hours.

Sunday we got up early and met our soccer team in Taichung. Hopped a bus to Tainan where we had a game. There were 12 players (I was the only sub), so I got a lot of playing time. I think after today at least the boys who were there consider me a member of the team. I am awfully sore today and have a few bruises, but I hope I embarrassed at least a couple of their players.

Time now for a new week. I already need a nap.

No comments: