Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I've had a few crosses into the center of the field, and maybe a few assists, some significance in the defense, but only once have a scored a goal playing here. That was probably three months ago. Last night I had a shot on goal that almost went it, save a balancing act by their keeper. It was just practice, but I think sometimes I'm earning approximately the respect I deserve (not just an empty pair of cleats...and not the player that Josh is).

Anyway, the weather here is HOT. Yesterday I wore a cotton dress but it was so humid that the cloth just stuck to my legs. Putting it on after soccer practice was a dumb idea for the same reason. Today it's a bit cooler, but still damp. The summer has begun and it's going to be long. It's supposed to get up to 32 (89.6 F)today, and today is colder by a long shot than yesterday. Our hopes of cool weather only come tomorrow, with an 80% chance of rain. Which is terribly inconvenient on a scooter.

No comments: