Sunday, May 23, 2010

I'm Dancin' and Singin' in the Rain...

Good week. Had a performance day in one of my classes that went pretty well. Yesterday our friends had a goodbye party for their house, which they are being forced to move from three months before they are leaving Taiwan. It was a wonderful pot luck and I'm proud to say that my lovely boyfriend danced with me and left me swooning. Great food, friends, and motivation to get our scooter headlights fixed...the mountains are quite dark at night.

Today it absolutely poured down rain. I'm sure it is nothing compared to a typhoon, but it was windy and wet. Thunder heard in the distance for the first time since I've been here.

Spent the day reading, grading homework, watching Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly (originally to show Josh "Singin in the rain", watching WW2 propaganda films, and we plan to watch a movie before sleep ends the day. Made a trip under umbrellas to our favorite dumpling and rice places, and picked up some vegetables from the grocery store (no markets today). No reason to be on a scooter in this weather!!

Time to study Economics and Chinese for a productive note in a rainy Sunday.

No comments: