Sunday, September 7, 2008

Goodnight Moon

Rachel says hi. Well, actually she hasn't, but I'm sure if i asked here, she would say hi. 'Cause she is sitting right next to me. Well, she just went to get french flash cards. Okay, she's back.

and so am I. Right now I am sitting on the couch in apt 206, Forbes Craig. I am staying at Rachel's tonight and then going to my new apartment tomorrow.

206 F-C. Familiar? That's right, Rachel is the proud new owner of MY APARTMENT. Not only my apartment, but my exact room, and furniture, and view. I couldn't think of more capable hands.

These hands are also capable of being sneaky. After a 4 hour drive from San Francisco to Reno (early morning) and two flights (reno-denver denver-pgh) I arrived PIT 12:10. I had plans for my friend, Josh, to pick me up. and he did. and with him he had Gabby and Rachel. Sneaky little devil friends who ran hugging and smiling and it was a perfect full circle.

and so that is the end I guess. The summer was amazing. My weekend with David, Nancy, David, Antonia was fantastic. The drive was beautiful. and now I am back in a city that I know and I am in an apartment that once was mine and is very very warm. and with friends i love, though I left others on the west coast. and I didn't cry today. which says a lot. Granted, I had a moment with the davids last night where I got most of it out. But today was good. tomorrow I will buy my books, do some schoolwork, and then see how Tuesday goes. It should be interesting.

I haven't decided what to do with this blog. I think it is finished. Although my memories will transcend this day, I must at some point make an end. I am terrible at goodbyes, and this is not terribly eloquent, but I must now turn my thoughts to Pittsburgh and live here, now. "The journey" was what I sought this summer - the process, the learning, the enjoying of details. So this one short journey has ended. One long in miles and deep in understanding. I might begin a new blog less specifically catered to the Pacfic Northwest adventures of this summer, but for now I will bid you adieu. Thank you for joining me on this adventure and I hope our paths will cross again.

No comments: